Sports

Ryan - plaistow, New Hampshire
Themes: sports

I believe that sports play a big factor in people’s lives. Especially people that play sports. In some people’s lives, such as mine, we look forward to the weekend full of sports waiting to take place. We look forward to seeing which team has the strength to win it all, take home the trophy, and know that you’re a fan of the greatest team in the world.

Sports can also change somebody’s life dramatically. If you are one of the best athletes in your town or city, you should make it a goal to become a pro athlete. If your dream or goal does come true, I believe that you should be thankful for you wealth, and not be a jerk now that your rich, like most rich people. And the better you get at your sport, the more fame and the more money you get to live a dream life.

When you are a little kid, you think that being a pro is just playing your favorite sport for fun. But in reality, it turns into a job more than for fun. Just like any other job, if you do badly, you’re either fired, or in sports you’re traded. Being traded in sports is just like another way of being fired. But, if you do well at your sport, your team will pay you more and they will want you to stay with them.

Another way sports could play a big role in your life, is if you put dedication into your sport and you become good at it, that sport could get you into a good college. I know former seniors on my swim team that have gotten into college because they put dedication into their sport and they became really good at it. They have gotten into colleges such as, Boston University, Uconn, Bryant, Umass Lowell, and many others. That would be my goal. To get into a good college that would look good on job applications. If I could get a swimming scholarship that would be one of the best things to happen to me.

I am also very grateful for my coach. Not only does he know and talk with Olympic Athletes such as Elizabeth Beisel, but he trains his swimmers to become their best. Everyday I look forward to a hard night of practice to train myself to get better. If I commit myself to every practice, my goal to getting a scholarship for swimming just becomes that much more realistic. My coach is very helpful with getting seniors into college. He actually contacts the swim coach at the desired college and tells the coach so many great things about them, how well they swim, and how dedicated they are. He is that one step that gets you into college.