The Lighting of A Storm

Lauri - Pittsburg, Kansas
Themes: nature

I believe in storms. I believe that everyone is going to face a storm. I believe that even when you think that you can run from them you can’t. I believe that storms serve a purpose of being, not just to make you struggle or cry, but to help recognize that which is important.

In 2006 when my family and I had decided to move to Houston Texas we were faced with a difficult storm that could have destroyed our lives. While during the storm we thought of all the possible ways to beat the storm or should I say run from it. We wanted to sleep it away at a hotel but all hotels were closed and had no more rooms available. Even wanted to take refuge at a gas station but the power went out. So we had nothing left to do but to keep driving. Now it’s pitch black at 2 a.m. thundering and lighting, the streets were flooded while only able to drive 25 mph, and we were in the middle of nowhere. By ourselves no one in sight just a lonely van with a family of four inside with the next city three hrs away.

Although it may have seemed like we never going to get through or overcome it, in return it brought us together. The storm helped us set aside our difference’s, made realize just how important we are to each other. So like other people who don’t like the rain, thunder, and lighting I happen to love it. Sometimes when it leases expected something comes along to guide and nurture us back to health. In my case this storm taught and reminded me that it may get rough, shower, thunder, even lighting in our lives. But through it all we can still keep moving even when we think we can’t.

Most of the times storms don’t make any sense but it’s after we have overcome or gone completely through the storm that we realize the purpose. Sure I believe in life, and sometimes I believe in luck, and there’s no doubt that I believe in God. But I also believe in storms, I believe that storms are meant for everyone. I believe that storms come just in the nick of time. This I believe.