Ryan - Windthorst, Texas

I believe in pie. Whether it be chicken pot pie, apple pie, or pecan pie (my favorite), the world would not be the same today if we did not have pie. Without pie many people would be jobless. Because if there’s no pie, then there is no need for pie crust. If there’s no need for pie crust then you don’t need pie crust makers. And without the need for pie crust, you would not need pie filling, which is canned by workers at factory. So for one, pie gives many people jobs and keeps factories working, and two, if families didn’t have to eat after the main course on, say, Thanksgiving then what’s to keep them from leaving?

Pie is what keeps families together for the whole day, because if there’s pie then there’s something to look forward to. If there’s something to look forward to, then you may as well stay and chat with the family. Therefore giving you more time to ask Grandpa about all the hassles he had to go through while raising Dad, and Aunt Susie’s trip to Spain last summer, and a chance for a rematch of the football game ya’ll played last year against the “old” guys but lost. It’s also much easier to talk about old memories while savoring warm pie as compared to eating turkey and stuffing.

Pie also represents a family in the way that families have a hard outer shell protecting them and keeping them safe, while also having a warm gooey inside that is oh so sweet to have and be a part of.

Many a pie has been eaten at the tables of countless families across the globe because of the hard work and dedication of many. Thanks to all the pie crust makers and factory workers, we can all enjoy our holidays together as a family, to the fullest extent possible over a delicious, freshly-baked piece of pie.