I believe in the world

Spencer - north richland hills, Texas

As a child I had the wonderful experience of living in several countries around the world, at all levels of social class. From the middle class suburbs of Auckland, to apartheid era Johannesburg, to a banana plantation in Costa Rica and the salvation army shelter in Mexico City, I have seen life through the eyes of many cultures.

I have carried these visions with me through my life. They all point to one thing, the commonality of man. While there are a exceptions that noticeably distract from this truth, people across the globe only really want 2 things, regardless of where they lay their head at night: Respect and Justice.

However cliched this sentiment might be, it is the truth. In later travels I have found that this knowledge has allowed me to meet people and have many positive experiences that might have otherwise been denied.

Especially as an American traveling abroad during a time when everyone assumes they know who all Americans are, I find I can amaze others simply by showing them respect and treating them fairly.

While I understand the complete and total impracticality as a solution, I cannot help but wonder how much different the world would be if this sentiment spread.