GOOD MOTHER

JITTA - Jefferson, Missouri

I am currently enrolled at Brigham Young University in Idaho. It is a private college overseen by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you have not guessed it yet, I will state the obvious: I am Mormon. A summary about Mormon beliefs: we know that God is our creator and His son Jesus Christ is our redeemer. We are a restored Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints. President Thomas S. Monson is our prophet and revelator who oversee the church. I believe that in order for me to be a good mother I need to be a well-rounded person. This is where BYU-I comes into play. The first class that I had was science; I knew things would not be the same because I am no longer in high school, but I had no idea that the differences between high school and college would be so extreme. This is the first school that I have been to that starts class with a pray. I wanted to laugh because I thought I had walked into a church meeting but I was, in fact, in science class. My science teacher Mr. Lemon told us about scientific discovery and how revelation (truth manifested by the Holy Spirit) can help broaden our thinking. Hearing his methods of teaching not only through secular knowledge but also by the sprit made me very happy. I know that BYU-I is where I’m supposed to be. I know that being a mother is a very delicate job that comes with a great responsibility. My kids will not only look to me for love and care but they will also expect guidance. In the future I hope to be very well educated in many things. Some of these areas include: secular knowledge and spiritual and social skills. I believe if I work very hard in all this areas I will be a well-rounded person. I will be more than qualified to teach my children and help them through the journey of life. As a mother, that is the greatest way I can show my love. It is very important that I achieve this goal because it will not only benefit me; it will enrich the lives of the people I encounter.