Music & Stars

Jake - gary, Indiana
Themes: nature

Sometimes I will just look through my sunroof of my 1992 Honda Accord at night looking up at the stars with the music blasting in the background. I just look at how the stars light up the darkness of the sky. It feels like there isn’t a reason not to be happy, I feel like I have no worries in the world at all, while the music blasting and the stars are watching over me. I believe that no matter how bad a day you are having, the stars and music will lighten up your day.

At some point in the past year I came to the conclusion that there isn’t a reason good enough in the world not to be happy all the time. The stars and the music show how little darkness there actually is in the world. The stars will brighten up anything that is on your mind.

Being happy is the only thing worth doing on this world. There isn’t a reason we should be happy because, well we here and that should be good enough. We can’t always rely on everyone and everything else, something we just have to let life go and just let it pass us by and to be as happy as you can be. All we can always rely on is ourselves, music, and that the stars to always be there.

Sometimes it might be hard to be happy, because you might lose a family member, or a friend. Wouldn’t you think they would want you to live happy though? There isn’t a point on being sad about something that isn’t there; you can only rely on what is there. Whenever I have a bad day, or I am left alone, I always listen to music and just look through my sunroof, and get everything off my chest.

No matter how bad my day is my 1992 Honda Accord will make me happy. I can just keep driving with my sunroof open blasting the music as loud as I can without blowing my speakers out. Sometimes I’ll just us the music as a blocker of all the other distractions and just think how happy I am not having any stress in my life at that single moment. There isn’t a reason not to be happy when you have the stars looking down on you and the music blasting in the background.

No matter how dark the darkness is, there is always a little light watching over us and to guide us. This light might be physical or metaphorical but it will still be there no matter what. Never get your hopes down until there is no light to get you through whatever you need to get through. The music and the light can help you get through your day.