I believe in surrendering to music

Mr. - Chatsworth, California

I believe in Bob Dylan. I believe in every word sung from Neil Young’s vocal chords. I believe in every passionate note forever emanating from Jimi Hendrix’s guitar. I believe in music. I believe that surrendering to music can change lives. It definitely changed, no, saved mine. I play guitar now but there was a time when the music of my heroes was the only thing that I could believe in. I lost my mother to cancer when I was 23 years old and to say that her death devastated me would be a gross understatement. She was my best freind and influenced my musical taste from birth until her demise. After she passed, I felt alienated from the world as I identified every other relationship in my life through her. The one thing I had to beleive in was rock and roll. It is alomst impossible to explain to people how Jimi Hendrix saved my life. Phenomenal things happened to me. There were signs. On enough occasions to question coincidence, shooting stars appeared in the sky during the same song. Voodoo Child would randomly play on the radio and I swear tha mor than a handful of times a shooting star would fly across the sky.

Long live rock.