The Power of Family

Taylor - Jacksonville, North Carolina

What I believe in most–in this stage of my life–is myself. I believe that I have the strength and the courage to overcome the many strenuous impediments that I know I will face in the near future. Having faith in myself helps me to relinquish the negativity that surrounds me. I know that when faced with misfortune, I , like an Olympic track star, can overcome the monumental hurdles.

Believing in myself also aids my beliefs in my family. Families share certain bonds that are unbreakable, and my family is certainly no exception. The stability that my family provides reassures my knowledge of whom to turn to when I encounter predicaments that I can not overcome on my own. Through thick and thin, my family has undeniably had its share of tiffs. Nonetheless, we know that forgiveness, love and kindness, are the main antecedents of having a healthy relationship. By believing in my family, and what it represents, I know that I can do no harm in it’s eyes. Despite the fact that my family is not perfect, I believe that it demonstrate the saying, “blood is thicker than water”.

The act of believing is to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of an entity. When it comes my family and myself, I truly believe.