Escaping Reality with Art

Taylor - Lacey, Washington

Bring a character alive, breath words and actions into the person you created. Making them move, speak, think, show who they are. Things change, but you know your character will stay the same for as long as you want them to. The ability to be free. That’s when your creative side can come out.

My form of art consists of words printed on a page, making either a story or some sort of poem. Ever since I was in Freshman English down in California, my teacher did a section on poetry that got me hooked. But while this was going on my addiction to role playing also came into play. Then strange enough my love of telling stories and writing was blended together into something I didn’t see there before.

My addiction to creating bits of a story and others contributed to it. Though it never crossed my mind when it came to me escaping reality into the world of role playing at gaiaonline.com. There they know me as Viola the Hellian.

Over the last two years, and all the different things that have gone on in my life, the only I know how to do is write, and role play. Creating a basis for a story and allowing characters to feel the wind graze against their cheek, or the warm touch of the fire from three feet away. Anything that can get the creative side of me out will help so much when it comes to keeping something locked away in my mind, and then I wonder why I can get over something or why something is bothering me.

Showing new ways I could look at a situation, or how my character should act, during something I haven’t encountered before. Then also having the possibility of having something that would never happen in this world, but in another, like vampires, werewolves, kitsunes, demons, angels, anything you name, I might have worked with it.

“Purple streaks of paint lay on her face as she moved her bottom lip to blow the dangling strands of hair from her eyes. Alexis moved the paint brush swiftly across the walls as she worked on the mural for art class. Faces of people yells and screaming at one another over pointless things made the artist snicker. Steadily she painted as the heavy metal rock blasted in her ears. Letting out a small breath Alex climbed down off the rickety ladder to grab the color blue for the next section she would begin working on. You could never get Alexis away from a canvas, no matter how much they begged. Her passion was here. She dove in head first at a young age into her art. “

The quote above is an example of what I write with when I let my mind roam free in front of the computer or my notebooks, countless numbers of them. I believe that creativity shows who you are no matter what the past was or your future is.