My Thoughts on Beauty

Tyler - Houston, Texas

This I believe

On the Tuesday of the last week of school before winter break, I was temporarily mute. Everyday I take the gift of voice for granted, like a lot of other people I’m sure. Being mute made me appreciate the beauty of having a voice.

But that is not all I believe about beauty, beauty in a person is more than skin deep. I believe that to be truly beautiful a person must be beautiful inside and out. A person must have a very good personality for me to think they are beautiful. I good personality to me is a person must be outgoing, kind hearted, strong minded, smart and with a good sense of humor. But to me it can’t be all on the inside, I hate to say it but there is a limit for me. A person (girl) must be at least decent looking.

I also find beauty around me in everyday life, there is beauty in nature everywhere like the leaves turning from green to red when the seasons change. Many of God’s creations are also beautiful, my favorite is the dog. Dogs are man’s best friend. Also many of mankind’s creation are found to have beauty, such as art or music. The music I find most beautiful in this world is classic 70’s and 80’s rock and roll, the most beautiful band? AC/DC hands down. I’m sure a lot of you would disagree with me, arguing that opera or symphonies are the best, but it’s all in someone’s head on their definition of beauty.

Artwork is another form of beauty, people paint or sculpt or draw to express themselves, and people find it beautiful.

I even find beauty in commercial products, sometimes it’s in the label or the product itself. The most beautiful product ever though, in my opinion is Dr. Pepper. This is the greatest thing to ever grace my lips it is one of the most beautiful things on this earth.