What beauty is to me

Yasmin - houston, Texas

What beauty means to me

Have you ever taken a trip around where you live and really looked at the things around you closely? It’s like a whole other world. You may even see things you never knew were there. Like for example in my humanities class we were going around the school looking for things that resemble beauty. Hint the topic we are studying is beauty. We were asked to take two pictures that we thought resembled it. At the end I noticed that the majority of us thought nature was a form of beauty.

I agree. Nature is the universal form of beauty. It is those things that you have to take time in life to see. Like a nice day when the sun is out and the tree tops move gently as the wind blows into them. A sunset by the beach or a rose that has just bloomed revealing its fresh scent. Animals in their habitats living life in peace, like a lion in a hot steamy day resting with its cubs in the cool shade.

Our next challenge to find the true meaning of beauty was to spend a day blind folded or mute. I choose to be mute. My day was full of struggles. From simply having to be quiet all day was frustrating me. The hardest part of the day was when at the end of the day the mute people and blind people from my class got together. Now I had an additional definition to beauty.

Beauty was also being able to use your five scenes in a day to day base with ease. Like perhaps being able to talk, listen, walk, or see the things around you. After having experienced a day with out being able to talk I truly discovered how lucky I was to be able to express my feelings. I also learned it is had to have patience with someone that you can not communicate with.

At the end of this topic I have learned many things like that beauty is not what is in magazines but it can be something small or something that does not cost you money at all.