THIS I BELIEVE….BEAUTY IN PASSION

Alencar - houston, Texas

I’m Brazilian and one of the many things I grew up learning was to have a great passion for soccer, there known as futebol. To me soccer represents my heritage, my past, and my great country Brazil. It is something truly special to me. It’s something that to me could never get old and with my short attention span I easily get tired of things. I guess when you have a true passion for something it always feels like a new experience.

Raised in Brazilian culture I was taught that God and family will always be the number one things in my life. The two things that will always be there for me through the good and bad. Something I can depend on and love until the end of time.

Growing up I always had role models that helped me establish these beliefs. One of them is the famous Brazilian soccer player Ronaldinho. I admire him and shaped my beliefs around him because he came for nothing. He lived in a tin house, played soccer bare foot in the dirt and rock, very poor. Yet he is able to appreciate God, his family and have such a passion for soccer. That is a beautiful thing to come from all those worries and troubles and still be able to see the beauty in things. He has made soccer history and changed how we play the game, and what we do in it permanently. And I admire him for that, because not only can he do all that, but while doing it he still remembers where he came from. At the end of the day he’s still “Dinho” not just another super star. Speaking of staying true to yourself and family, another great role model of mine is the famous “Kaka” and his story is relatively the same as Ronaldinho, except a big thing is, that he came from the opposite side of the economy. But what makes him one of my role models is that although he came from a wealthy background and pretty much had it all made he still puts God number one and then his family. He is a very modest man and gives all the credit to God and his loved ones. When he won FIFA World player of the year he not only gave all the money to his home church but he also donated an immense amount of money for Christian churches all around Brazil.

This I believe is beauty; the traditions and beliefs you keep through out the years. The fact that you should always love your family and the passion you may have for things that you were raised and around. When you incorporate your past in your future that is a beautiful thing, not conforming to society. Bringing a little piece of you everywhere you go, that is a beautiful thing.