Austin - 77449, Texas

Over the course of a few weeks, I had no idea what True Beauty was to me. When I was planning this essay out, I did not want to sound too generic with my output, as I know I have much to say. At first I tried to make myself believe that music was what I thought was True Beauty, but I knew I would have had a lot of troubles finding a way to connect it to the day I was “mute”. Even though I think music is beautiful, it is not what I find to be True Beauty.

I finally realized what True Beauty was, and it was so obvious. Actually using “obvious” would be an understatement. It was like having the cliché Limo Driver that is waiting for you at the airport with your name, except this sign said “I am right here, man”. To find this limo driver though, I had to lose a friend in the process and you will understand why.

True Beauty to me is plain old Honesty. It’s something I don’t see very often, and expect it in all of my friends. There is nothing harder than telling the truth to the people you care for. Being honest gives you character, because it usually that you like to deal with your problems face to face, which is something I cherish dearly as people now a day’s expect you to be psychic or something. Honesty plays a key factor on wither I can be friends with someone, or not. You think now “Why would you even think that”, but after events in the last few weeks all I can say is Stuff Happens.

I can’t find a way to relate Honesty to that one faithful day I was “mute”, but I am pretty sure my fellow classmates that chose to be “blind” could. They do not have the senses an average blind person would have, so they all relied on their friends help them go around where they needed to go. I for one helped my friends who did participate in that experiment, but others chose to help in another way, by putting them in simulations of what it’s like to be a soldier on a battlefield.

At the end of the day no matter what True Beauty to me will always be honesty. This I believe.