The Beauty of oneself

Ana - Houston, Texas

I believe beauty is the connection one has with oneself. One’s self esteem and all the personality traits that makes one different from everyone else. Many traits that are given to a person makes them who they are. Those blessed with all five of the human senses use them throughout life to find true beauty. We take many things for granted. To find beauty, we tend to use our sight, but what if we couldn’t see? Would we still be able to find beauty? The question isn’t easy to respond to unless you have lived it.

From experience, I know that for those who don’t poses all five of the human senses don’t live an easy life. They see or look at things differently from a different perspective. As a class assignment, I had to wear a blindfold the whole day during school hours. There were times when the true faces of people were discovered as many claimed “I hate blind people!” For those who can’t see, I know they have a high self esteem because they suck up all those comments. That high self esteem shows how much character that individual holds. One is only who they are depending on how true they are to themselves. It’s the connection they have with themselves that makes all the difference. One is as good or even better a person depending on their actions. Senses are only a portion of a human being on this planet, it’s what they poses but the other half is what they’re capable of doing.

I believe beauty is the connection with oneself, the person they choose to be to help others as well as themselves. It takes a strong person to do incredible things. A lot has changed in so many years and there are people who aren’t as blessed as others. They have to work harder in this world to be able to help themselves. There are many who don’t even own a home or food and water. Even though they face hardships, there’s always someone who stops and spares time to give a few coins or a cup of water to those in need of it. The people who set aside time have a beautiful heart.

One’s physical traits and self esteem are what I believe beauty is. We take many things for granted but there are those who show true kindness and a connection of hope and love towards others. They’re the ones who help others as well as themselves. I believe beauty is the connection one has with oneself. One’s self esteem and all the personality traits that makes one different from everyone else.