Confidence: This is I believe

Yenifer - Louisville, Kentucky

Confidence: This is I believe.

I will first say that “belief” is the word that best describes the person I am. In the past years I have gone through many hard times that have certainly changed many of my beliefs, but confidence has always remained unchangeable. Confidence is the quality or state of mind of being positive every time, it is the key to success in life, and the ability to do something without being afraid of the outcome.

When people ask me why I think this way, I always answer that in order to make my dreams come true or set my goals in life, I must first be confident of whom I am. I could give many examples that demonstrated my beliefs, but the most important was seeing one of my best friends going through what we can call low-self esteem or lack of confidence. She had the body that could make any girl feel jealous. In her senior year of high school, she started becoming anxious and eating a lot. By the end of the year her body gained some extra pounds, and her attitude towards friends and family started changing. I was the first to realize the problem, so I decided to talk to her about it. I told her that a negative attitude won’t take anyone further. Problems are the everyday topic in life. We must always accept ourselves for who we are inside and outside. In order to help others to understand their feelings we have to understands and accept us first. After we talked, she began making some changes in her life.

Today, her body is back, not as it was before, but what is important is that she understood her problem and decided to overcome her negative attitude. I have learned that the secret of life is being confident. People can portray their confidence to the world in many ways; beginning by the way they dress, think, smile, and see the world. I always try to have a smile on my face even when I feel bad. A positive mind leads you to a positive attitude; and in the end it shows the result.