Tennis is not just a sport

Lisa - Lacey, Washington
Themes: sports

Tennis is not just a sport, it helps you become a better you . Imagine yourself in a full court with just one other person. Your objective is to not allow the ball to bounce twice and to make it hard for the other person to return your ball. Its quiet and the only sounds you hear are grunts and the bounce of the ball from racket to ground to racket again. Also the only thoughts that are in your head is “where the ball going to come from next”, not “oh I think I failed my stats test or aww I lost my cell phone” it’s just you and the ball . Tennis totally relieves stress because every time you hit the ball its like you’re smacking away all the troubles that you had to face . Sometimes I get afraid to do what I want to do because it may turn out to be negative but it’s the opposite when I’m playing tennis. Running around and getting my heart all pumped up gives me the feeling that I can do anything and that for once I control what the outtake of this game will be, just me. Once I walk through the fence I feel as though I am free, free from the world and all of my life’s stress . Free to do as I please and to feel whatever I want to feel but most of the time I feel very relax and at ease by the time I get finish with a very intense game. It doesn’t even matter whether you are winning or losing, the only thing that matters is that you are playing a game and you have been able to escape the your life for just a few brief hours. If you don’t have time to go out to an actual tennis court to play the game Wii also give you the same effect but with less physical action. Personally I prefer to use the actual tennis court to play mainly because I like that I have to take my whole body into the game and not just my arms. The best time to play tennis is when it’s not too sunny outside and there is some kind of breeze blowing through the court. It is also best when there is some shade surrounding the area. Sometimes I wonder how I got to manage my stress without playing tennis before. There is always a huge rush when I am playing tennis no matter the status of the game, I like to just be out of my life and stay in this world where it can do no harm to me. Well maybe my ego but I can handle that. Overall Tennis is not just a sport to me; it really helps me become a better person. From tennis I know how to manage my stress and channel the good in me to deal with the rest of the world.