Life IS like a box of chocolates.

Jared - Lacey, Washington

“Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.” – Forrest Gump

This statement is so true. I think that people are too worried about what is going to happen and need just live life. It doesn’t matter if you guess that something bad is going to happen. Most of the time you cannot stop what is going to happen.

Stress causes a lot of different health problems. When you worry about what might happen you really do cause harm to yourself. When you just roll with the punches you will get through your tragedy and will become stronger. What doesn’t kill you WILL make you stronger.

I am not saying that is not good to plan ahead. I think it is extremely important to plan for what you are doing. I am just saying that I believe I do not need to worry about what could happen and more on what is happening. When I just worry about what is happening I am at my best. And when I worry about what could happen I am… well, not at my best.

I remember one instance, while I was playing baseball at my high school I was having an average game. I think I was 1 -3 with a single… not amazing but ok. It was the bottom of the 7th (which is the last inning in high school ball) and we were down by 1 run. I came up with one out and the bases loaded. This was my chance to shine and get our team the win.

Well while I was walking to the plate I was thinking about him giving me a first pitch curveball. That is all I could think about. “I can’t hit that dang curveball,” I said to myself. I doubted myself. I watched the first pitch. A curveball! I thought again I can’t hit his curveball. The next pitch I was so worried about his curveball that I watched a fast ball down the middle.

My coach called me down the line to him and told me, “don’t worry what he will throw at you… just hit the ball.” So the next pitch was a curveball and I crushed it. I got a base hit. Two runs scored and I was the hero.

In my experience I believe that there is no reason to worry about what might be coming. I believe you need to just step up to the plate and make it happen.