Cause you had a bad day

Cassandra - Rochester, New York
Themes: carpe diem

I was having the worst day ever. My friends were all mad at me for something I didn’t do. I came home from school and my brother kept annoying me, and I just didn’t want to be bothered.

I ran up to my room and started to cry. I have two brothers, but I don’t get along with Kevin, and he just happened to be the only one home at the time. I thought that if he saw my crying he would just make fun of me.

He burst open my door obnoxiously and started throwing things around thinking he was being funny. Until he saw that I was crying. He sat on my bed and put his arm around me.

“I know you don’t want my opinion Cass, but whatever is bothering you will work out. Tomorrow is a new day and life will go on.”

And for some reason, the fact that he went out of his annoying ways to make me feel better just meant so much to me. From that day forward I believed that tomorrow really is a new day, and everything gets better. At that moment, the only reason I believed in that statement was because my big brother told me so.

He was right. Tomorrow was a new day: a great day. Everything that happened the day before seemed to have disappeared and I wasn’t even worried about it anymore. My friends realized the truth and everything was fine. I had this sort of state of mind, that no matter what, nothing could break me because my brother gave me that incentive. You have to realize that tomorrow is a new start from the day before. It’s just like getting a second chance.

I think about that belief every time I have a bad day. I try to send the message to other people of well. My boyfriend’s mom was going through a rough time and she seemed extremely down. Her mother, who lives in Maryland, happened to be extremely sick. She had to plan her funeral and it wasn’t easy for her. So I told her that tomorrow is a new day and things will get better. Even just telling someone that made me believe in the statement even more. If you keep this belief with you, you will have a good head on your shoulders and be able to get through a hard time.