School Life

Tyler - Rochester, New York

School is very important in everyone’s lives whether they think it or not. These days you basically can’t work anywhere without a college degree. I bet in the next ten maybe twenty, years that you will need a college degree even to work at a fast food establishment. Everyone says that high school represents the most important years of schooling, and it’s true. At the end of those four years your transcript and GPA will determine whether or not you go to college and what kind of colleges you might qualify for.

Now, I have had it kind of rough since sixth grade. I was getting C’s and C+’s even though I should have been and was more than capable of getting B+’s and A’s. But man during my freshman year of high school I basically stuck my middle finger p and said “F you” to all my teachers. Now obviously I didn’t because I am still currently attending that same high school, but any of my former teacher’s would tell you that’s what they thought was going on in my mind. On occasions I would, out of the blue, feel like failing these classes was pointless and get my grades up to B’s. I would even hand in all my late work or assignments that I hadn’t done, but that didn’t last very long.

Now I am almost halfway through my sophomore year and I am basically in the same exact situation I was in last year. My only problem this year is handing my work in on time and this includes my homework also. Over and over, I’ve thought about not handing in my missing work I have in front of me, including this essay. However, I know that I am smarter than that and if I try hard enough and raise all my grades up and maintain that for the rest of my high school education, I can amount to something great and offer a lot to the society I am in. so in these past few months of school I have learned a lot about myself and what I want for my future, as an adult out in the real world.

Even though I don’t show it, my education is very important to me and so is my future. I mean, I don’t want to be a bum working at a fats food restaurant or something like that making minimum wage with a crappy life living somewhere that I don’t want to be. So even though I have learned a lot in these past few months about myself, my education, and most importantly me future, I think that the most important thing that I have learned is that I still have a lot to learn about my life and my future as an adult, and “THIS I BELIVE”.