He conquered my love

Sarah - Rochester, New York
Themes: love

I may be young and naive about life but there is one thing I can understand. That is love conquers all. People will always hurt people and those people will hurt the same people that hurt them, its how the world goes round, or some people think that a person will treat them better if they bought gifts or if people get into an argument, they make up by buying gifts, but that’s not solving the problem its just making the person happy. But all in all love can conquer anything and if that means gifts or hurt or disappointment, well then it is.

To begin, love doesn’t have a definition, it’s a feeling you can always tell when you feel it, or at least I can and that’s where the story begins. Last year, I fell in love for the very first time in my life with my best friend. Him and I had been friends since I was in seventh grade (four years) and one day he decided he would ask me out. I said no I had to think about it because of all that we had been through with each other and how if I were to say yes and we’d brake up then it would end badly. And as I suspected it did.

It all began in the summer. We went jetskiiing and we had a great time. But then the next day he was going to camp and I was going to NYC the day he got back from camp, so I intended on not seeing him until school started. That wasn’t how it went. Three days later I heard from a friend that he was home early, that he got kicked out. He got kicked out of a school camp for doing drug’s, something that I am 100% against and don’t except any situation that have to do with it. But I couldn’t stay away. I gave him a chance to explain himself and even though it was lame excuses I believed him. I was so deeply in passion with this kid that I wasn’t going to let anything come between us.

I have only been in love once in my life, and it was an amazing feeling to know that I had one person that I could tell everything to and be myself around, but when it all came to an end I realized something, that love conquers everything. I would never had let anyone be in presence knowing in the back of my mind what he did, except him. What he did was the biggest mistake anyone could have made in high school. But I still stood by his side and told him that I loved him. I could not control what I had felt and I was not about to let go of him because of how I felt about the whole situation. He conquered my love.