My family is forever, unlike friends.

Emily - Nampa, Idaho

I believe that families are important.

I was born with friends. I had my two older sisters, cousins and a best friend that lived down the block. I lived in the same house for four years, but when four girls shared a bedroom and my little brother lived in my parents’ room and we all had to share a bathroom, we had to move. I left my best friend, my home and my friends at church. We only moved an hour away, but it seemed like a totally different world to me. When I went to church my class was full of boys and I was the only girl, it wouldn’t seem like a problem now, but when your 7 it’s not that much fun. It was four years until two girls my age moved in. They were fun and I wanted to go to church because of them, but something happened. They stopped being my friends, and I still don’t know why. After that it was hard to see them be friends and having so much fun, that was the first time I really depended on my family. My family was there helping me, my older sisters helped me make friends with their friends and It was fun. I eventually had more friends than I would have if I was still friends with those two girls. I still have my family, who was there with me every step of the way, my four girlfriends and four guy friends at church, and too many friends to count that don’t go to my church. I am truly blessed for a 14 year old, and no matter what happens I have my family.