Go Cards!

Cody - louisville, Kentucky
Themes: sports

I Believe in The University of Louisville men’s basketball team to win the national championship this year. Louisville has had many good teams in the past but this team seems to stand above the rest. Ranked high early in the year, UofL was predicted by many to compete for a national championship. The cards started off strong by winning their first four straight, and the highly regarded freshman, Samardo Samuels, seemed to be the answer to the huge hole left in the cards lineup by David Padgett. The fifth game against Western Kentucky was a rude awakening for Senior Terrence Williams and his team. Western Kentucky dominated the court and held Samardo Samuels to only eleven points. Western completed the upset by finishing off the cards 68-54. This loss made all those predicting Louisville to win the national championship doubt their decision. If Louisville wanted to regain the national spotlight then they would have to win the next couple of games before heading into the Big East. Rick Pitino went on to lead his team to 5 straight wins before heading down to Phoenix, Arizona to face ex archrival Tubby Smith and his Minnesota Golden Gophers. Coming off its best start in 32 years, the gophers completely outplayed the cards and came away with a 70-64 victory. A loss to UNLV in the following weeks would only seem to prove that the cards were not destined for the national championship. Next the cards would have to face a tough UK team under the supervision of Billy Gillispie. The game was back and forth and the finall shot by the troubled guard Edgar Sosa was just what the cards needed. This game was a major turning point heading into Big East play. The cards would go on to blow past South Florida and sneak past Villanova with a failed last second shot by the wildcats. Next would be the highly regarded Fighting Irish, picked by many to win the Big East. This game was back and forth ending with an overtime stomping by the cards. The final score was 87-73. The last three games was a huge confidence booster for the cards. It showed that they can compete with any team in the nation. A win over number one, undefeated Pitt at Freedom Hall on Saturday is the game that puts Uofl back on the map and back on the road towards a national championship.