Pauly - Solon, Ohio

Mom, mom, we can get through this. My mother continued to cry, for the rest of the day. I really tried to contemplate something I could do to cheer her up. It’s one of those hot summer days and everyone’s enjoying the sun and the families over. And the thing that could possibly ruin it is if something like this happens… Sometimes, I wish that she’d stop always being pessimistic about everything. My mother has lost jobs, lost hope, stopped caring, all because of her always bad habit, of never being positive.

See, my grandmother just died and I know it’s upsetting, but at least in our religion, she’ll be out of pain and somewhere way better. My mother on the other hand, is doing her routine, which consists of being worked up, doing absolutely nothing, and grieving for 3 months. When situations like these occur, our whole family knows what to expect, and it’s never anything we enjoy seeing, or dealing with. Finally, when I realized that I just needed to be positive. I did, and I talked to her about my feelings and how she’s hurting all of us, because we hate seeing her like this. All I had to do was remind her of all the good times, pain, and hardships she’s done dealing with. I definitely think my optimism did help this situation and did help my mother. After our family had gone through this, about a month later another tragedy occurred and she hit rock bottom. She found out that her mother just got in an accident and she’s in the ER. Our family thought

it’d never end. On the other hand, I knew things would work out, and I found something to get my mind out of the gutter. So I studied instead of worrying. When my mom came home about one day later, she looked like she’d just been hit by a tornado, and I knew I needed to comfort her. Once I comforted her. I realized I could do this for anyone, and that’s when I figured out that me being positive can make a huge change, or at least help my mom feel better.

This is my story, my reason on why I believe we just need to move on, and look on the bright side of a situation. We all need to be more optimistic because if we don’t; things will get ahead of us. Optimism is a great thing, and deep down I believe it can make situations much more bearable now, and in the future.

Some other reasons I believe this, is because of problems I’ve dealt with. I am writing about this topic because this is a good way to get through life

So put one foot forward like you’re walking into your next problem, and picture yourself fixing it. Life’s hard sometimes, but it’s better to be optimistic, and hope for the best.