Money cant but happiness

London - solon, Ohio

I use to go around thinking the more money the happier the person, but on April 25th 2008 I had a big wake up call to life. On April 20th my friend and I laughed, talked, and sang while we waited outside prior to my dad’s arrival. As he pulled up in the long black Denali XL we ran to the door, opened it, and jumped in. the first stop was my friends house who lived three houses away. She really didn’t want to go home, so we had a plan to ask if she could come over when we got closer to her house. The only thing was, it was a school night and we didn’t know if we could pull it off.

So as he turned his blinker on to turn in her driveway we started to beg. Eventually he said “No not tonight its a school night”. But it was kind of hard for us to accept a no once and move on, so we continued to ask. This time he said “No you’ll understand when you get home”. I thought about what he told me and realized something bad could of happened. I said goodbye to my friend. As we got home my father said my uncle was in the hospital because of had kidney failure and wanted to go visit him.

Five days later, my brother got a message from my aunt. She didn’t sound like her usual joyous and loud self she was the total opposite. Her voice was soft a bit quite as she said “your uncle died this morning”. I was in shook I froze because I wasn’t expecting this; I thought he could find a donor and everything would be okay. Slow soft tears began to run down my face and stopped under my chin. I began to think about him and everything I knew about him. I thought about how his six kids, and how they would feel and his two grandchildren. I thought about his two brothers, and two sisters nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles , and friends.

My uncle battled caner prior to his death and he wasn’t the richest man and certainly not the poorest. He thought if you too believe in family, your life will be full of adventure and love, he was always traveling with his family trying to make the best out of bad situations. To make his family happy was his number one goal in life. I now believe money can not buy happiness.