Better than FedEx

Kirk - Belmont, Michigan

I believe in the United States Postal Service. I’ve always marveled at the fact that I can write a letter to a friend who lives on the other side of the country and five days later I find myself holding their reply. Sending something in the mail is like sending a part of you to the receiver. You could be sending your thanks, your sympathy, your love, your hope, your money, your picture. Mail announces not only birth but death. Love and hate. Money or a bill. This vast range of topics is what makes mail an exciting thing to receive. I always have enjoyed the anticipation of receiving the newest issue of Nintendo Power. This anticipation is part of the mailing process. It’s the waiting for the letter, the magazine, or your paycheck. Mail is a personal thing. When you press down the edge of the envelope and seal it, you expect that to whom it is addressed will break this seal. Mail comes at a cost. Placing a stamp on it confirms that money was willing to be paid to insure the mails safe arrival. Mail requires effort. The final step is to place it into the mailbox where it will be whisked away to its final destination. I believe in the United States Postal Service because I believe in connecting with other people through written word. Everyone’s hand writing is unique. It lets the writer speak their mind through their own version of the alphabet. Mail always has been and always will be important to this society. Mail is the bridge from the east to the west. Mail lets people connect to those who can not be reached. I believe in the United States Postal Service because I believe that life is better in letters.