This I Believe Nothing is Impossible

Benjamin - Providence, Rhode Island
Themes: courage

When we are children, we climb into cardboard boxes and battle galaxy cretins in a starship, or race down the road in a car. That creativity and imagination stays with us throughout school and helps us decide our future. Soon our teachers and parents ask the question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” The responses are either developed from parental influences, the TV, or maybe just an interest. Most of the time children pick jobs that are out of the norm like being the President or an astronaut. Though many parents believe their child’s answers and encourage them to achieve that greatness, they realistically know the possibilities are highly unlikely. As a child, I wanted to be a chef. My childhood reasoning was because I enjoyed helping my mother in the kitchen with her creations. Then a thought came into my head that changed my life. Why be a chef and work for a restaurant when I could own the restaurant and eat there any time I wanted?

This was probably my first entrepreneurial thought and I was hooked. From that point on there were no sides on my box. Thus, the reason I believe I can do anything I dream and put my mind to, because nothing is impossible. So I strive to exceed expectations, and do my best to improve everything I do. This belief instills confidence in my thoughts and ideas, and faith in my abilities to achieve greatness.

With this belief, I’ve actively retained my imagination and creativeness from childhood at I use to ponder about ideas and things I wish to do in the future. By living to this believe, I set higher goals than the norm, making me work harder and achieving more. I have high expectations of myself in everything I do, so that I may perfect my abilities through practice and learning skills. Many people go through life say “I can’t” to great opportunities that present themselves because they are afraid of failing, or don’t have the faith that they can do it. I never say “I can’t” unless it is due to external forces outside of my control. Even if I fail, I’ll just learn from my mistakes and try again. To fear failure is to live life in a padded cell with no risks, not experiencing anything great that the world has to offer. Though we are taught not to make mistakes in school, in reality the best way we grow as people is by making mistakes, and learning from them.

With this confidence from my belief I am able to take on opportunities that others are afraid of, and I learn more about myself and my abilities in the process. Many people just want averages lives, but I want to experience everything possible, because I believe nothing is impossible.