What is a true Friend?

Jenny - Newark, Ohio

What is a True Friend?

I have always found it hard to trust anyone especially in high school. Every time I thought I found someone I could trust to tell any thing to, that person would turn around and stab me in the back. Before long the whole school would know everything. It just makes me feel like I should have just announced it over the loud speaker. What kind of a friend is someone that you thought you could tell anything and everything to just tell someone something you did not want anyone else to know?

I believe that there is always someone that you can tell everything to no matter what it is. I actually have two people who I can tell everything to and know no matter what they will not tell a soul. Those two people would include Chelsea and Chase.

I have known Chelsea for two years and she has been there for me through ups and downs. We are best friends. I go everywhere with her. When I have something that happened to me exciting, I call her up on the phone and tell her everything about it. When I have something bothering me or I am upset, I tell her everything about it. She also tells me everything about what happens to her. She always calls me on the phone and tells me how she is mad at him because he is being a jerk and not answering her phone calls or texting her back.

One day, I had gotten into an argument with my boyfriend over the phone. The next day she picked me up for school and I told her about what we had gotten into an argument and how we made up. I tell her everything. There is not a thing she does not know about me.

Chase and I have been together for 2 years and he has always been my shoulder to cry on and always there when I need a hug. I am comfortable with telling my whole life stories. When ever we have something to say we can always say it without feeling like the other person is going to be mad about what you have to say.

Chase was there with when I found at I was a carrier of hepatitis. He was the one who took me to the hospital and was there to hold my hand when I found out. He is always taking me to doctor appointments and anywhere else. When I was having chest pains he would always hold me close and tell me everything is alright.

What I believe is there always someone who you can talk that you can trust not tell. Yeah you do go through several people to find that one person or people but in the end you have amazing best friend(s). It took me seventeen years to find the two people that are willing to listen to what I have to say whether it is good or bad.