the life of pride and death

zack - nashport, Ohio

The things that lead us to do what we believe and what we do it and why we fight for

What we want and the things that we need added on to our lives. The reason we search for

Pride and the reasoning behind why we live our lives and why. The things that bring all the

Greatness out of Beowulf is that everybody looks up to him and not just because they are

scared of him yes sometimes he does things people don’t like but he also does many great

Accomplishing things. The significance of Beowulf is that he strides off of his pride and his glory

But he takes it too far and that is what causes his downfall over a period of time you can only

get so lucky and keep so much strength and you have to accept your time of defeat and deal

With your loss. Beowulf would kill when necessary like for instance he killed Grendal and

Grendales mom got revenge on a couple of towns people and some good friends and then

Beowulf went after Grendals mom to avenge and he fought a very long and tough battle

“Behind them the water slowly thickened as the monsters blood came seeping up”(pg603). The

Town’s people even gave up on Beowulf coming back up during the fight they thought he had

drowned to death and they left the swamp thinking that Beowulf had died in battle but he was

Still in the swamp chocking Grendals mom and that was her blood that rose to the top of the

swamp and turned the water red not the blood of Beowulf.

The pride and the downfall of Beowulf was that he was a man among many and he

Always did what he believed and what he thought was necessary and he would never turn

Down a battle no matter how big of a battle it was. He would rather fight with his hands then to

Use a weapon though and he thought it showed greatness and strength and he would take all

The respect and pride he could get. The towns people all looked up to him he was a hero a role

Model and there leader and a good man “that, I, alone and with my men may purge all evil from

This hall’’ (pg260) and they knew that together they thought they could handle any battle that

Would happen to come their way because they had such a strong leader. All that mattered to

Beowulf was his pride he would kill his goal and would take a part of there body just to prove

He killed them. He would also instead of stealing all there riches if they had a nice sword or

Something he would as all the towns men would talk everything that they could happen to get

There hands a hold of. There was also so many riches around there would be tons and tons of

Gold and many other rich objects of valuable meanings and such and he would just walk on bye

As others took what they wanted and needed.

The things that was so unfortunate for Beowulf was that he did so much for his town

And even thought he was respected so much by all of them that if he would get in a tight

Situation they didn’t even try to help him they would just sat there and watched as Beowulf was

Struggling. They would take everything and use it that he would do but they took it for granite if

They could have just helped Beowulf he would have survived his final battle against the dragon. The

Town’s people realized they should help and realized they should have been helping the hole

Time because Beowulf stands up so much for them and fights for what he believes in but by the

Time the realized that they were tired of running away and not sticking up for Beowulf and

Fighting with him. It was a little too late for Beowulf he was very wounded and was bleeding

And he was also just wore out and getting old in a way and he just didn’t have much left in him

But he fought to the end of the battle with his men and they took the dragon down as it took

Beowulf as well.

The ending of the great warrior know as Beowulf and the long journey and the very fear

Some battles along the way. The town’s people and the friends buried Beowulf there great hero

And the built him a proper barrel with a big statue and stuff so they will always remember the

Great ruler Beowulf the man among many men a leader and a pride warrior.