We Should Enjoy Our Time

Marissa - Providence, Rhode Island

I’ve always had the habit of leaving thing for the next day; something I’m sure a lot of people do. You leave things undone and pretend you will do them the next or the next day. I believe everyone should enjoy their time. For that I believe everyone should do what they have to on time because like that, we would have all this free time to enjoy.

A while ago something happened to me. I misplaced my passport, so I had to go to renew it. My mom would always tell me to organize my room but, as usual, I left it for the “next day”. As time passed, I went to look for my new passport and I spent almost a week doing that. After I finally got my new passport, I decided to organize my room as my mom told me to do few days before. I found out that my “lost” passport was underneath a lot of books, something I would have realized if I had organized it before.

I tell this story not because it is the most tragic experience ever, but because I think it was a good learning experience. It showed me that time is a thing we should enjoy and that I would probably have done a lot more things in that time or spent more time with my family and friends, rather than doing something I wouldn’t have done if I would have listened to my mom’s advice.

I believe that every second of our life should be spent doing something that you want to do. It doesn’t matter if it’s not something that useful, you should always enjoy it because then it would not be wasted time. The experience you take out of every daily task you complete in your life is what makes you what you are.

Today, a lot of our actions are based on what other do or don’t do. When one person sets a style it seems as if the rest of the world follows it. Basing your ideas and actions in what others think is a waste of time. You should live by your own rules and do what you think is right! Don’t let others opinions drown your ideas because they reflect what you have become over the time.

I believe we should enjoy our time to the most because it is one of the things we have that goes away and never comes back again. Life is short and time goes as quickly as no one can imagine, that’s why we should enjoy every part of it. Everyone decides how and in what to spend their own time. It’s the only thing that’s free and will be free forever, so I like to use it in the best way possible. Nobody can take it away from me, only time itself.