Love What is it?

Kaci - McConnelsville, Ohio

Love. What is it? It is something so difficult to define. Perhaps it’s not meant to be explained. If I were to begin explaining love what would I say? It’s a feeling. It’s something that just happens. Love takes on many forms. Love really does exist. There are all types of love and we go through life with an open mind and heart in hopes that people will love us.

Loving an object sounds weird but we all do it. Sometimes I love the television, or other times I absolutely love the glazed doughnut that tends to sit right in front of me. I don’t know what it is about that object I just wish that there could only be more than one sitting in front of me. Objects sometimes hold sentimental value, but when that happens I still love the person that gave me the gift more than I do the object, because let’s think about this, how many times has someone given me something and it then held sentimental value, but then I and that person grow apart, I don’t love that object anymore because I don’t love the person. I still love the object just not as much as what I did. So loving an object sounds ridiculous but I think that sometimes I need that, when there is no one around and all I need is a little love. You never know sometime it might be the love of Ben and Jerry.J

Loveable objects can’t be compared to the love between friends. Friends share an odd love. It’s not like loving that special someone that I know I could spend the rest of your life with as husband and wife. It’s just different; there really is no explaining it. Friends are just so special and so necessary in my life that they deserve their own kind of love. I have put my friends through so much and they do so much for me, why shouldn’t they deserve something as special as a love meant only for them? If it weren’t for the love of friends where would I be today?

Friends are so nice to have, but nothing can beat the warmth of a hug from the one person that I love so much. This is the person that I think about night and day. I tend to write their name all over my papers with a heart surrounding their name. Everyone has that special someone out there and all it takes is the time to sit, relax and let that special person find you. If it is meant to be then it will happen and I do believe that everything happens for a reason and if you are meant to be with someone then it will happen. I believe in true love.

So what does all of this mean? Well I’m glad you asked. My belief is stated throughout this entire essay. The belief that love really does exist, there are all types of love and all you have to do is go through life with an open mind and heart and people will come to love you. You just have to let them. So be spontaneous, be crazy, outgoing, and courageous. Because if you are yourself then people will love you for who you are and that is the best way for love to happen.