Studying Life’s Little Experiences

Cody - Malta, Ohio
Themes: carpe diem

I am a full-time student and throughout the past seventeen years of my life I have been studying many different subjects that all have their each individual book. With every subject I have had, every book I have read, I have understood what is going on in the book. Well, there is one subject that has a very lengthy book that I study all day every day and I just cannot seem to finish it; let alone understand it. That subject is what I like to call experiences and its book is called life.

As the days pass by and as I get deeper and deeper into the pages of my book called life, my belief that I should always look forward to turning the page and never take it for granted, truly starts to develop meaning. In only the past several months of my life there have been many different occurrences that have brought my studying to a standstill. Many things have happened that I do not completely understand. Beloved family members have passed away, as new ones are born. Old emotions have surfaced that I thought had gone away after we both agreed to let them die; unexpectedly these things just happen. They were things that really opened my eyes to make me realize that in my book the unexpected could be lying right around the corner; and it has taught me that fear is not an option and I should always be ready for anything.

Never knowing when I will finally stop studying and finally end my book called life, I know I am prepared for mostly everything. From studying one chapter I realized terrible occurrences and significantly amazing events all happen for a reason and after every struggle there will be an outstanding triumph. Another chapter influenced me to never sit back in the corner and be shy and wait for experiences to come to me; grab life by the horns and live life to its fullest potential. Finally, sticking to my belief about never looking back and always looking forward to turning another page in life has truly impacted me. It has given me passion about life and the incentive to get up each morning ready to make a difference in this big world. Reading this book and understanding it may be close to impossible, but enjoying it has come easy.