My beloved Great-Grandmother

Denzell - Solon, Ohio

It was a bright and sunny day and I was on my way to visit my great-grandmother at the hospital. Today was the first day my great-grandmother had woke from her coma that she had. I couldn’t wait to go and visit her while she had just woke up. I had been visiting her while she had been in her dark and gloomy coma every Sunday and I would talk to her. I knew even though she had been in her coma she could still hear me and understand me.

The first thing that I could remember while in the car on the way to the hospital was when I had spent the night over her house and in the morning I heard a knocking on the wall. Usually I am a heavy sleeper, but for some reason I woke up and I ran into her room. Then she told me that she couldn’t breathe, so I called 911 and told them what was happening. Then I called my grandmother, and she rushed over to my great-grandmother’s house. They took my great-grandmother to the hospital and within two weeks my great-grandmother had gone into a coma.

After about three weeks, my great-grandmother came out of her coma. Now that she is awake I will be able to talk to her. When I walked down the hall of the hospital and into her hospital room I broke out in tears. She was wrapped all up in cords and wires that all hoop up to a machine. I just couldn’t stand to see her with all of those cords and wires wrapped around her. I then left the hospital room, but shortly returned after two minutes. I was just happy that she had woke up.

In about a week she was able to eat regular food instead of having a feeding tube. She looked up at me and smiled and said her usual words that she usually says to me “Hi baby, did you eat?”

I couldn’t do anything but smile and answer “yes grandma.”

In about three weeks she was able to leave that cold, depressing hospital room and go to a place to recuperate before she could go back home. When I found out that she was at a place to recuperate I was as happy as children waking up on Christmas morning. Or as happy as my brother when he was finally able to get texting.

Within about a couple of week my great-grandmother passed away and was able to go home to Heaven. I now realize that everything happens for a reason. My great-grandmother woke up from her coma and how I was over her house that exact night. I didn’t know why she had woke up from her coma, but I now realize that God did this so I could spend my final weeks with her.