A Plan for Everything

Jacob - Overland Park, Kansas
Themes: purpose

A Plan for Everything

I believe in destiny. I believe that everything is decided for us long before we make any decisions. There was a path set for us long ago and we will follow it exactly how it is. We can control our decisions but our destiny won’t change because everything has already been decided for us. No one knows from the start what they want in life so destiny is the taxi cab that will take us there. It’s kind of like an equation that we are blessed with.

For example I believe that we are blessed with an ability to work hard, or determination, or smarts. When all of these are added together before you are even born, they produce an answer and that will be your occupation, or how many kids you will have, or when you will die. Everything is figured out before hand and all we can do is use our gifts and wait for the equation to play out.

I do not believe in chance. I do not believe in luck. Luck is when hard work meets opportunity. When everything that happens is supposed to happen, there can be no luck. I do not believe in a person just getting lucky and something happening to them and the person doing nothing earlier in life to cause it.