TWO STEPS AHEAD AND ONE BACK

chris - alexandria, Ohio

You can always get yourself two steps ahead, but you can never keep yourself in that

place. I am thinking about my apprenticeship in my case. I am two steps ahead by being in

an apprenticeship program, but one step back because of having to do double homework.

I work one week and then I have to do two weeks of homework in one week. This is my

belief that I feel and believe in “Two Steps Ahead, One Step Back”.

Apprenticeship is a program that the school provides to start you into the work force

faster and more efficient by having you get started in your trade while still in high school.

In order to get an apprenticeship you have to have good behavior, almost perfect atten-

dance, a B average or above, and transportation to your work. This brings back the thought

of my belief. You get ahead by getting a job, making money, and learning about it sooner,

but you must get good grades and keep up with everything to keep on getting ahead.

I really like learning the electrical trade by working. I think I learn more that way and

faster. I know there are still many things that I have to learn in class in order to make it in

this world and have a good job. However, even though I make a lot of money, there are a lot of expenses on my truck which takes a lot out of my income. Right now I am really

taking a big stepback as the clutch went out of my truck. I will have to find other trans-

portation till I get it fixed. I am using up the money I had made and saved. This is one

of the many things that happen to me that makes me believe that “Two Steps Ahead and

One Back” happens in life, especially me.