Lessons on life

Kirby - Florence, Montana
Themes: death

Lessons On Life

Have you ever had a moment in your life when you felt like you would never be the same and life as you knew it would be forever changed? I have only really had one of those moments in my seventeen years. The day my brother was shot while on tour in Iraq was one of those pivotal moments I will not soon forget. Life is full of many small things that are taken for granted, but if you think about it, the one thing taken for granted the most is life itself. True, we will all pass on, and one more second of life is one more second you could die. As morbid a thought as that may be, I never really thought of death as a part of life before this particular day. No worries, my brother is still breathing and doing very well, but for a little while we were all scared we would never see him again. Because of this horrible experience I believe life is too precious to be taken for granted.

I think it’s funny how death can teach you how to live life; it’s ironic really. I have come to the realization that you can’t always expect your loved ones to be there for you whenever you need them. My brother has always been and will always be my best friend, and this experience has taught me to never take a moment with him (or with anyone) for granted.

Like I said before and will forever say, never take life for granted because you truly never know when it will all end. I thank God everyday for sparing my brother’s young life and secretly I thank Him for the experience as a whole. I mean, yes that was a horrible time for all

involved but it has opened my eyes to how precious and fragile one’s life truly is. Be thankful for every moment in your life, good along with the bad, because (last thought of dying I promise) all too soon it will come to an end and you won’t get it back.