It’s Your Choice

Kristi - Overland Park, Kansas

“Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.”-George Seaton.

We all know the story of Gods creation through a period of seven days, he created everything, from the sky to the dirt beneath our feet, but when we think into this old biblical story, who created God? God created all we have, but who created all God has? We will never know. Do you ever wonder where all the stories come from? Remember as a child playing the game called “telephone” where you say a sentence, pass it on from person to person, and in the end the sentence is usually all disoriented and different? What if what we believe and hear is like the game “telephone?” This is when our FAITH has to kick in, we know what we hear, what we see, and this is how we believe, but FAITH is our belief in the things we don’t see and don’t hear, its our instinctive process of thought that tells us something is real. Our lives came from God, as we believe, did God’s life come from us? Did we invent God by our belief, our minds, imagination?

“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”-George Bernard Shaw.

You may ask yourself these questions over and over again, struggling to find the answers, but in the end there is no answer, at least until you meet God, in Heaven. Then what is Heaven? Without FAITH we will never know. All of these troubling questions can be tracked back to one thing, our common sense. Which is stronger, which means more to you? Your FAITH or your common sense? What you see or what you truly believe? That’s for you to choose. You choose the path you take, the map you follow, and where your destination is. For me, I am following God, the stories I have heard, the things I believe but have not seen, and the miracle of it all. I believe in God, I believe in creation, I believe in life, but most importantly, I believe in FAITH.