God’s most precious gift: The gift of life

Kellen - Olathe, Kansas
Themes: morality

I believe that everyone deserves the right to live, whether they are the child of a loving family, or the unwanted baby of a prostitute. Any infant, Black, White, Porto Rican or Haitian it shouldn’t matter. They are still a child of God. And as a gift from God they should be given the opportunity to live their life.

Just because a baby is inside of a woman doesn’t mean that a woman has the right to kill the baby. He or she is still an individual. A human: just like you and me, but one that doesn’t have the ability to fend for itself yet. We were all in the same position once – relying on others for protection and nourishment. So isn’t it only fair that we should do the same for our children as our parents so lovingly did for us? There is no reason for us to be given the gift of life and for others to have that taken from them. We are no different from the rest of them, and deserve no special privilege.

I believe that the fact that over one million unborn babies fall victim to abortion each year, is wrong. And that anyone participating in this shameful, unintended act against God’s will is either a murderer or an accomplice. Abortion should be illegal. There is no difference in killing an unborn child and killing someone in their fifties, you are still killing someone. If a woman is upset about being pregnant and deems it necessary to have an abortion because a baby would interrupt her life-plan then she should have considered this before she had sex.

If a woman has an abortion, then she is a murderer. No matter if this woman goes to church every Sunday, if she feeds the poor, or even if she worships the devil himself. She is still a murderer. No one should be given this fate. Think about if you were never born, all the memories you’ve shared, the joy you’ve experienced and the lessons you’ve learned. Gone, just because your parents didn’t think you would fit into the scheme of things. We can’t play God, and choose when things are and aren’t going to happen. As a man, I will never be faced with this life-changing decision, but to all the potential mothers out there, who are unsure whether or not having a baby will ruin their life. Don’t worry, it will be okay. Because I know that once you see your child’s little face for the first time, you will love him.