What I believe about young love

Kyle - Overland Park, Kansas
Themes: love

Love, is a funny thing. Today teenagers just do not believe in true, lasting love. Yes, it’s hard to believe. More often than not, people end up heartbroken. They trust and get burned, but that does not mean you should give up.

In my short span of eighteen years, I have loved one girl. Yes, before there where others I felt a true connection with, but this one was special. I grew to know her better than anybody I have known for most of my life. It all started back in 2005, freshman year. I met her in math class. I was the new kid at school and she was one of the few that talked to me. Over time my feelings changed. She was in my mind when my mind was most free. To be honest, I never thought I would get to know her, much less date her, but the year ended and I did not really get to see her for another year.

Junior year both of us had relationships, and both of us where hurt. In the summer, we really started to connect. We started to spend a lot of time together. By the beginning of senior year, we where dating. Everything was going great, but too great I guess. After three months, I was in love and she was unsure. It seemed as though she was afraid. I told her how I felt and she did not believe in me. Thanks to today’s popular belief, she thought I was just infatuated. In life it is hard to tell the difference between the two.

I have been burned. I have put myself out there and gotten torn to shreds many times. It is easy to give up. I never have. It is not within my soul to curl up and die. Why should I or anyone else for that matter.

When your true feelings scare you like hell, just follow them. Life is not about playing it safe. I am young, but I know what I want. It is all worth it, weather it works out or not. I leave no regrets and I know I did everything I could.

In the long run, you end up wanting those you love to be happy. I want her to be happy. I know things take time, and I respect that. I never understood why I was not good enough though.

I guess it is just high school, but I never put that label on our relationship. I miss my friend, the girl I love with all of my heart, but I’ll never give up on love. I’ll always have her in my heart, but one day I will move on. It is inevitable, but God has a plan. I may not like it sometimes, but I will be loved. I will find somebody who appreciates an honest and true relationship. I believe that love is the greatest emotion anybody with share with another.