Life is too short…

Joshua - Swansea, Massachusetts

I believe that our lives are meant to be as entertaining as possible. No one should hate their life. People should be living their lives to the fullest, which of course, some don’t. People go their entire lives living in a misery that they themselves have placed upon their being. Everyone has the power to make their lives better; those that live in such discontent simply refuse to fix their lives. Either, due to the fact that it is their comfort zone and they refuse to change or, these people don’t know how and would rather not try. I believe that this world could be so much more than it already is if people just sought to live happy lives, rather than the mundane boring lives they have placed themselves in.

First and foremost, I believe the leading cause of a dissatisfying life is the chosen profession of an individual. Before choosing the perfect job, a person must take many factors into account. Of course, your choice of career must be something that he or she loves doing. Without that love of your job, the routine of waking up every day and having to go to work will ultimately kill a person’s spirit and their drive. Their work will suffer as well as their performance. However, this dilemma can be fixed. If a person finds that it’s very difficult to wake up in the morning because they hate their job, get out of that job! Even if the job is the president of a company, making millions of dollars, they should leave if they hate it. There is no point in staying in a job that a person finds painful. It may seem impractical to leave a high power job for something that will not pay nearly as much, but just think about it. Wouldn’t you rather have a job that find enjoyable and look forward to everyday? I have found many people with depression problems admit that they hate their jobs. They hate the monotonous routine of waking up every day to go and suffer. A person’s job can sometimes be the breaking factor in a person’s sanity. Love your job, even if it doesn’t pay as much as you’d like. By doing this, a person can make great leaps into loving the life they live.

Secondly, the people a person associates with have a great impact on their love of life. For example, a person who is around depressing people all day can’t help but get depressed. Who would want that? There’s that age old saying that “misery loves company”. How true is that? When people are down and depressed all the time, they like to tell other people and that will make the other person start to feel the same way. Avoid these people! Place yourself around those with whom you love to be around. Friends can brighten up your day with a single word or phrase. They are there to listen to you. Just by listening, they can make a person feel better. Be around happy-go-lucky people. Those are the ones that always have a smile on their face. They try to brighten up everyone’s day, not bring it crashing down around them. The friends a person has is a key part in life. No one wants to live life alone with no one to talk to. And those that do are the most miserable people you’ll ever meet. Those are the people that end up with a million cats and hate their lives. They could’ve fixed it but they chose not to. Their loss. Don’t be like them. Try to fix something you don’t like. Ask your friends to help. If they are true friends, they will do anything they can to make you happy and loving life again.

Life is a blessing, not a curse, so people shouldn’t treat it as such. As the singer song writer Bob Marley once said “Love the life you live, live the life you love.” This statement couldn’t be any truer. Life is too short to live in misery from day to day. A person needs to do their best to enjoy it. There are no guarantees that you will have tomorrow to start enjoying it. Start now and have fun. This I believe to be true.