Motivational Failure

Christian - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Themes: courage, work

Although it was only two weeks ago that my belief about motivation was formed, I still have a strong feeling about it. I was sitting at home one day after school, starring at all the homework I had received that day. Since I had a superfluous amount I was immediately overwhelmed and went up to my room to relax and try to get my worries off of my head, which didn’t work at all. Before I knew it I was falling asleep and waking up again for school when I realized that I hadn’t done my homework yet! The feeling you obtain from your own failure, when you know you can do better is one of the worst I have feeling I have experienced in all of my life. The next day I looked at my homework and got it done the second I arrived home. I believe that it is failure that propels most people to want to motivate themselves and better their life and the work done by them.

Failing can only weigh down on you until it comes to the point where you want; or rather you HAVE to do something about your own procrastination and laziness or else, for me anyway, I feel as if I’ve let myself, my parents, and my teachers down. When bodacious babies around the world try to walk is where my belief starts out, the babies get up and fall down over and over but somehow, after crying because of their sore bottom get up and try again, and again, and again until they master walking.

It is almost as if a feeling or sub conscious thought in the back of your mind is making you try harder and get better at everything you do. In my belief no one at all can look at his or her own failure and say, “I’m O.K with this and I don’t care.” It is not human nature to want to fail but when you do fail and try again but keep on failing repeatedly is what makes people want to give up completely, but through failure you can also obtain the best of your abilities in everything you do.