Love is Sacred

Kelsey - Overland Park, Kansas

These days it seems that people do not grasp the concept of love and what it entails. In this crazy world of ours, over 50 percent of marriages end in divorce, a statistic we have grown to know. Since we have prenuptial agreements and a society that thinks it is acceptable to end what is supposed to be forever, people just don’t work as hard in their marriages. They figure that if it doesn’t work out, then they can just get out of it. This makes me sad because in my world, I believe in love.

Love is a crazy, amazing, hard, and beautiful concept that God gave to us. He gave us His love so that we can love others in this life. Love can be in a friendship, in families, and in your spouse, but these days’ people are slacking when it comes to staying in a loving, life-long marriage. At the young age of 18, I have found love, and I am fortunate for that. I believe that love has no limitations. I believe that you can find your true love, your soul mate at any age. People may think I am insane for believing that I have found my one love before even going to college, but I have.

I met Price on March 7th, 2008 and I plan to be with him for the rest of my life. I am not ashamed to say that because he means the world to me. Many people do not realize what love is and tend to throw around that powerful word, especially in high school. I think love is a force that should not be said or used unless it has true meaning behind it. Love is not lust or infatuation, it is so much more.

Price has been in my life for not even a year yet, and to be honest, I would run in front of a bus if it meant saving him. Love is not perfect, it can get messy sometimes but when you have someone in your life that absolutely loves everything about you, accepts the flaws and imperfections some how and cares about the true you, that is when you know it is love. I am so blessed. I am not a naïve teenager, I am the type of person that if I want something to happen, it will. Price and I found each other early in life, and I am elated about the journey that we will take through life.

Love is sacred, marriage is sacred, love lasts forever, and it shouldn’t just fade.