Where To Go From Here?

Avishai - Albany, California

1.6.2009…11th day of Israel/Hamas war in Gaza

Where to go from here?

What is right, what is wrong?

Who is right, who is wrong?

Who is attacking, who is defending?

Which news and commentary is biased, which is impartial?

Who do I condemn, whom do I support?

What parts of me are brainwashed, or fearful, hopeless, cynical, hysterical, vengeful, confused, mistrusting, hardened, suspicious, addicted to Drama, blind or in denial?

When and where did it really start?

If we all want peace, freedom and justice, why are we manifesting the opposite?

If we switched shoes, would we act any different?

If anyone else were in these shoes, would they act any different?

What is the Lesson, the hidden secret in this unfolding nightmare?

Are we, the Jews and the Muslims really from one father?

Are we all so identified as Victims that we will never grow up?

How many more dead, maimed, traumatized and bereaved humans before we wake up?

How much more suffering we need to undergo before we realize we are conditioned?

Where is that GOD we all pray for and too often intend (or pretend) to fight for?

Why the children and the innocent eat our sour fruits?

Why are humans created in such a distorted, disturbing image?

How to Choose Life and Light when surrounded by Death and Dark?

Is this Israeli/Palestinian affair in Gaza unique or different than all other human manifestations of ignorance, blindness and unconsciousness?

Is it a different reflection from the violence and wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Central and South America, Africa, Asia, Europe, our own cities, neighborhoods, families, homes and the inner battle we all wage against ourselves?

Are we not all infected with the same Human Dis-Ease of Self –Judgment, Fear and Greed, based upon the illusion of separation?

We all share Life. We all exist, as one large organism, on this mysterious ball of fire~earth~water~air hurling at an incomprehensive speed, in several directions at once, through an incomprehensive endless space, in a magical balanced miracle: Life.

We all depend on one another, as we are actually not separated. We cannot hate and hurt another, without hating and hurting ourselves. We cannot help another without helping ourselves. We cannot love another without loving ourselves. We are all in a closed circle system of Mutual Support (including all of the Natural World).

Every reflection is a call for our attention:

Beauty…Wake Up!

Disturbing Human Insanity….Wake Up!

The shadow tells us there is Light at the other side. The darkness does not exist when we bring light. Hell on earth tells us there is Heaven on the other side. We got a gift: the ability to choose between Heaven and Hell, between Light and dark, between Life and Death, between our Dream and our Nightmare.

At each given moment we have a choice. Every moment is our opportunity to Wake Up. What we feed grows. Are we feeding what we Want or what we do Not Want?

I want my enemies to disappear. By fighting them they grow, by feeding them, they cease to be enemies. When we see ourselves in and reflected in the other, we wake up to the fact we all are one. We have never been separated, and never can be, not from each other, and not from our Source.

Where to go from here?

Go within. Breath. Quiet the Mind. Feel the feelings; see the thoughts, no judgment. Be Present, in This Moment. Express gratitude for what I have. Pray for what I want. Bless, constantly, all who can use a blessing. Give as much as I can to others. The more we give, the more we get. Be the change I look for. Connect to my Purpose. Kindle a small light. Nurture it by being good to mySelf. Be my own Teacher, Leader, and Lover. Create, accept, see: Heaven on Earth, Now. Choose Life.