Don’t Hold Back

Brittney - hebron, Ohio

Don’t hold back.

Never hold back on something you want to tell someone or even say to someone, you may not have the chance to talk to them ever again.

I learned at a lot when my uncle died, I never got the chance to tell him how I felt. My uncle and I were so close and everything was lost in one night. It was trick or treat night and I had a very bad feeling in my stomach. I walked over to my uncle’s house to tell him happy Halloween. But when he didn’t answer the door I knew something was wrong. I was feeling very alone and scared; I knew something big was going to happen. I was trying not to think about it at all, I ran to my grandma’s house and told her that he was not there. My cousins came to pick me up and I really just tried to forget about the feeling I had. About an hour later when my cousin’s cell phone rang I dropped everything and knew something had happened. The look on my cousin’s face was a look that I had never seen before. All she said was “Bj is dead”. I could not believe it; I would never be able to talk to him ever again. He would never be at any of my birthdays, and he will never be at my wedding. I learned many things from my uncle and I will always remember everything. He was the one who taught me how to ride a bike and many things that I might not have learned if he was not there.

You really should never hold back on what you want to say to people I never really told my uncle that I loved him just because we were more friends. He was kind of like a father figure to me, and now that he is gone it’s not the same. If I had the chance to go back and tell him one thing it would be that I loved him and I would make sure he knew how much he meant to me.