Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

keith - newark, Ohio

The first thing you should learn when you are beginning a sport or studying for a test is, without perfect practice you will not be perfect with whatever you are trying to do.

I was in fifth grade when I first heard this by my coach. He had been an experienced coach for over 15 years. This was my first practice with all of my teammates. He told the team to come into the huddle so that he could talk to us. The first words that came out of his mouth were “do you want to be successful this year?”

Of course we all answered that we wanted to be successful. He said “to be successful you must have to want to work hard. Not only do you have to work hard you have to give it your all. You have to have perfect practice sp that you can be perfect during your games.” Not only did I take this to heart that basketball season but I took it to hear with everything that I do.

When you are studying for a test and trying to learn how to do something you have to learn to do it the right way, the perfect way. Without doing it the perfect way you will get into bad habits and not getting good grades. The things you learn in school you will use for the rest of your life. You can use the things you learn in school in your trade so that you know that you are doing the right thing. So, you have to learn to do it the right way or you will not be able to do your job right and you will not have good success in your work area.

What are you going to do in life if you do not have anything to believe in or do not have the work ethic to finish a job or school? If you are going to go learn something you might as well do it the right way. By the right way I mean doing it the perfect way so you will not have any flaws when you are doing work or when it is the fourth quarter with 30 seconds left and you are down and the game comes into your hands. You have to be able to know what to do and your teammates or employers have to believe in you, so that they know they can trust you to get the job done.