Buying American

Corey - St. Louis, Missouri

I believe in buying domestic-made products. With several American companies being taken over by foreign industries, the only choice we have is to put money into our own country’s pocket to improve our economy. I believe this should be a priority to the people in our nation.

A few years ago I, like many others, didn’t care what country the products I bought came from. However, now things have drastically changed. Living in Saint Louis these past few years has allowed me to see firsthand the effects of America’s dying economy. Along with the closing of major local American automobile plants, I have also recently witnessed the Anheuser-Busch buyout by Belgium-based Inbev and the immediate impact of it. Several middle-income houses that stand in my neighborhood are now empty with “For Sale” or “For Lease” signs in their abandoned yards. White-collared jobs that were once so prevalent among family and friends have been rapidly disappearing and it is becoming more and more difficult for them to find new ones. I think that there is still time to save true American companies, such as the big three auto manufacturers; Americans just need to change where they are sending their money. I believe it’s time to invest in America’s future by supporting companies that are bleeding red, white and blue.