How to Get Over Those Hole Hills

Ann - Westlake, Ohio

Everyday, I experience some little mole hill that slows me down. Some days, life changing mole hills stop me dead in my tracks. Recently, I experienced a break up that I thought I would never recover from. I realized about a week after it happened that I need to find something to lift my spirit. I was surfing the internet for pictures for my MySpace, when I started coming across quotes. I found that I had saved so many quotes in my computer that I had to create an entire folder for them. The quote that got me through my emotional hardship was, “Things will be okay in the end, if it’s not okay, then it’s not the end.” By telling myself quotes every day, I climb over what seems like, mountain sized mole hills. Soon after, the same guy (who I thought was the love of my life) met a new girl. He talked about how she was more attractive than me. Instead of crying about it, I found yet another quote to guide me through. “Beauty gets attention, but personality gets the heart.” I realized, in his eyes, she may have been more beautiful, but my personality will someday win someone’s heart. I believe no matter who you are or what you’re going through in life, quotes will guide you through.