What I believe

Kevin - St. Louis, Missouri

What I Believe

I believe friendship is the greatest gift God has given to us. A friend will be a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen to your problem and a hand to hold when you need encouragement. A friendship can become strong enough to feel like family, I believe this is the greatest gift God has given us because we can’t choose our families but we can choose our friends and if we develop friendships that feel like family, it is as though God has offered you a “welcome to the family card”. We look for the same qualities in our friends that we have learned from our families. I believe the best qualities to have in a friend are loyalty and love.

A loyal person makes the best friend. We are stuck with our families by blood and because of loyalty we are connected with our friends. I believe this is what makes friendships so special because we choose to stand by and stick up for the other person. I believe God gave us the ability to make choices because we wanted us to choose the people that mean the most to us. I believe he gave us our family to teach us how we want to be and He gave us the ability to choose our friends to practice theses ways. In my life and through my family, I have learned that being loyal is one of the best characteristics to have in a relationship.

The Irish believe that friendship, loyalty and love are the main characteristics to have in a relationship. Love. It’s such a simple word but has so much meaning. I believe it’s the strongest feelings you can have for another person, but it is also a characteristic that makes a relationship great. I believe in friendship, loyalty and love. They are what make us human; they are what make us have souls and feelings. Lust and infatuation are sometimes confused with these feelings, but I believe those feelings are only skin deep and the others are more personal and more meaningful.