Justin - Maryland Heights, Missouri

Family is a group of people who care for and respect each member for who they are. Family is the most influential and important part of a young child’s life. Family is the most important part of my everyday life. My parents are always there to support me and help in any way they can. My family recently moved to St. Louis, it was a decision that was not easy but was made because it was the best for us. It is difficult to move away from somewhere that you have been all your life, everyone you know is no longer a five minute car ride away. It is difficult to feel accepted in a new place and it is hard to accept change. For me it was very difficult to finally understand that there was no going back and that it was a permanent decision.

As teenagers we always need to place blame on someone when things don’t go my way, unfortunately I put the blame on the people who have always been there and who were trying to help me accept change. Families often have disagreement that is just the nature a group of people being around each other so often. But families can work through the problems and understand that each person needs to be able to share their opinion. No matter what problems we face from now on we will face as a family. My family has helped me and supported me in everything that I do at my new home.