taking the risk

Brian - utica, Ohio

Taking the risk

It was my junior year at my new school C-Tec. This is a very well known school and they have a very strict dress code and very little tolerance for behavior. I came to this school with a plan to be the best student out of my class and to go that extra mile. And I also came to this school to have a better reputation with my behavior and my grades. The first part of the year was going great for me I had good grades and haven’t got in to that much trouble just a couple of detentions here and there nothing big. But then all of a sudden things started to go south form there. One day I was walking through the halls and I get all of these people asking me if me and my buddy well at least I thought he was my buddy where going to fight. I had no idea what they where talking about. So I asked them what was going on and they told me what he had said and I wasn’t too happy when they where done. He said that he was going to beat my face in and that he was going to beat me up so bad that I wouldn’t be able to do anything. Then the next couple of days I started seeing him in the hallways and every time I would pass him he would either say something to me or give me a dirty look. This went on for a couple of weeks and each day it just kept getting worse and worse. Finally I just told him to pick a spot so that we could settle this I told him that I was done playing his little games and wanted this to be over. So the next day when I seen him he told me to meet him at this old abandon school so that none of us could get into trouble or anything like we would at school. I told him ok and that I would be there, after that had happened it was the talk of the school and everybody kept asking me if I was going to fight him Friday night and I told them that I was so it would be done and over with. So Friday rolls around and school was out everybody was talking about it and said that they where going to be there to see it happen. It was about 8:00 I was sitting at my girl friends house and I get a phone call from one of my buddies saying that they where all down there and he was waiting on me to show up I told him that I would be there in 5 minutes. So I jumped in my truck and drove down to the school. As I pulled in the drive way and my headlights skimmed across the lot all I could see was cars, trucks, and people my eyes got as big around as a 50 cent piece. I parked my truck and got out he was standing in a circle of people so I walked up there and he got In my face so I just told him to hit me and he didn’t he just pushed me so I got mad and punched him as hard as I could right in the side of the face. He fell right to the ground and just stayed there by that time my anger took over so I jumped on top of him and just started punching him. So finally people pulled me off of him and said that this thing between us was done and over with. A couple of months later when I seen him in the halls he just started talking to me again like I was his friend or something so I just said hey and went to class. I believe that sometimes you should stick up for your self and take a risk especially so you don’t get pushed around.