Sean - Saint Louis, Missouri

I believe in taking responsibility. I’ve never been the most responsible person, but I strive to be better every day. One time I scratched my aunt’s car when I was twelve years old. Instead of going and telling her, I tried to avoid her and hope she would leave and not notice the scratch until later. Well as luck would have it, that came back and bit me in the rear.

I believe that responsibility is the key to any working relationship, especially anyone you care deeply about. Every day you need to strive to help a friend out when they are in trouble, when they are struggling, when they need you. I am on a wrestling team, and plenty of people think that it’s an individual’s sport, not a team, but they would be wrong. Even though I wasn’t a captain on the team for three years, I was always someone who was there if anyone needed help. This didn’t have to mean serious help like drugs or anything, but simple things, like how scoring works in a wrestling match.

It doesn’t always take a huge problem to show other people that you’re willing to help. You just have to be there. Sometimes the best help is just sitting next to someone and listening while they rant about this or that. I never think that I am perfect, and I never can be. But every day I want to make it so that other people can rely on me, and so that I will be able to rely on them when I need help.